Major Functional Area
- To carryout all administrative activities in the province.
- To formulate institutional procedures for planning and coordinating programmes.
- To provide guidance to take necessary decisions with regard to provincial development strategies regional development programmes and work coordination procedures.
- To provide guidance for decentralized planning budget and programmes coordination.
- To carry out activities with regard to recovery, collection, centralized control and supervision of revenue and other charges of Government.
- To introduce and implement financial and accounting systems with a view to being responsible to the Provincial Council for the provincial fund.
- Financial management, issue of introduction with regard to fincancial administration, supervision and maintenance of centralized accounting system, internal audit and inspection.
- Introduction and improvement of new technological methods for administration, financial management and development strategies through training Provincial Public Service Office in various levels and organizing courses, conferences and programmes.
- Issue and control of imprests to Ministries and departments and implementing accounting procedures while maintaining Provincial Treasury.
- Personnel management and centralized supervision
- The construction, maintenance, repair and supervision of Government Buildings in the limits of the Southern Province and provision of advisory services regarding these activities.