Management Development and Training Unit - Southern Province
Create a strong Public Service with knowledge ,skills and attitudes through providing trainings , advisory services ,information and research to successfully face the challenges of the 21st Century .
Provide an efficient and an effective service to the people of the Southern Province by providing trainings to improve the knowledge , skills and attitudes of the officers of the provincial public service.
- Prepare a formal training plan by identifying the training needs of the officers of the Provincial Public Service.
- Conduct training programmes in the annual training plan.
- Carryout follow-up activities regarding the training programme held.
- Select Officers for training courses conducts by national level training institutes.
- Select officials for foreign scholarships sent by External Resource Department.
- Take actions to use the knowledge of the officers who follow local and foreign training programmes for the development of the province.
- Develop human and physical resources to sufficiently use the financial provisions allocated for the training courses.
- Conduct Tamil Language courses and other courses for government officials which aimed the examinations of the Central government.
- Strengthen the administrative system through providing educational research and advisory services.
- Use the Iinstitute of Management Development & Training ,Wakwella, to conduct training programmes organized by the Central Government, Provincial Council and Private sector.