Department of Finance
- Functions of the Department of Finance
- Assist in marking, revising, supervising and interpreting financial rules.
- Administrate provincial council property.
- Maintain audit inquiry register and progress
- Take action with regard to Auditors General audit report and draft reports.
- Carry out activities regarding the committee on the provincial funds.
- Carry out activities regarding the reports of the committee on the provincial funds.
- Control funds outside the provincial council.
- Carry out the activities regarding the securities of provincial public officers.
- Appraise performance in financial activities.
- Control and introduce forms for the provincial council.
- Perform activities regarding allowances.
- Carry out activities regarding foreign aid and loans.
- Take out and pay back loans.
- Carry out activities with regard to the delegation of powers.
- Carry out activities with regard to board of survey and write offs.
- Take action regarding losses omissions write offs and compensation.
- Sell and dispose of property.
- Develop and account systems.
- Maintain audit inquiry registries in order to carry out activities with regard to audit inquiry.
- Financial management activities in procurement.
Director of Finance :
Mr. G. Wickramasinghe