Role of the Accounts Branch
- Carry out activities regarding all receipts and payments of the Chief Secretary’s Office.
- Carry out all accounting activities in regard to the head of expenditure of the Chief Secretary’s Office.
- Prepare annual estimates for the Head of expenditure of the Chief Secretary’s Office.
- Prepare the annual appropriation account.
- Prepare bank accounts and bank reconciliation statements.
- Issue imprests and financial provisions to divisional secretariat
- Prepare and reconciliation consolidated account of the Divisional Secretariats.
- Maintain the advances to public officers.
- Maintain the commercial advanced account of the Institute of Training, Wackwella.
- Prepare the general deposit account.
- Reply to audit inquiries and to committee of accounts on the of the Provincial Fund account
- Issue block grants to ministries and departments within the province.
- Procurement activities.
- Stores management
- Maintain Machinery and Equipments.
- Perform duties relating to Southern Provincial Development Plan.
- Financial management of the Chief Secretary Office and Divisional Secretaries.
Mrs. C.D. Weerasinghe
Mr. Wasantha Ranawaka